Wow!! I just read the title back to myself and it’s a mouthful! Try saying cinching-reversible-bucket-hat five times fast! Well, I would rather say a whole mouthful about a great hat than say skin cancer one time. Especially when it comes to my children.
Complete sun protection cannot be gained without the proper head wear!
Last week I wrote a post about how to get your child to wear a hat. The goal of the post was to share some tips I use and to receive some feedback back from the blog o’sphere, but I got nothin’ and my comment box is empty! What happened? Is hat-wearing not a concern for people or have you all been blessed with amazing hat-wearing-children? Or maybe you don’t have children and in that case you can’t relate personally to trying to get a baby or child to wear a hat, but you were once a child too. Was hat wearing a big priority when you were a child?
Well, I haven’t been blessed with hat-wearing-children and we are outside at least 70% of our day. We take walks everywhere; to the park, store, library, bank, craft store, to get pizza on a Friday afternoon, back to the park, and just to explore. Before we moved to the valley, we enjoyed amazing-sunny-living-near-the-beach-weather (which I miss soooo much!) The valley is another story. We really have to abide by the rule to stay out of the sun between the hours of 10am-4pm because being outdoors or walking around can be unbearable. So, naturally I want Journey and Faith to wear their hats, but it can be a real battle sometimes and it can be hard to find a hat that will actually stay on while they are running and playing.
I do use the sun hats with the under chin strap, but that seems to irritate Faith the most and she will take her hat off just because the chin strap is uncomfortable. With the Cinching Reversible Bucket Hat it doesn’t have a chin strap, but a cinching elastic cord to keep the hat on your child’s head! The cinching cord is also a UV reactive bead that changes color when exposed to the sun.
These reversible, two-color bucket hats allow you to mix and match so that you can add just the right accent to your UV Skinz.
See –> Perfect match!
Today and all week long you get a chance to WIN one of these super cute hats!
Here is how to enter:
- Visit UV Skinz, come back and tell me which cinching reversible bucket hat style you would like to win!
Extra Entries (Entry 1 must be done first):
- Blog about the “I Saved A Baby’s Skin Today! Campaign and/or how you keep your family safe from skin cancer. Include hyperlinks to UV Skinz and this Official Post. (5 entries)
- Add the “I Saved A Baby’s Skin Today!” button to your sidebar (3 entries + your button will be added to our Sponsor Page) Remember that in honor of Skin Cancer Awareness Month UV Skinz is including a pay-it-forward Baby Skinz with each order placed in May. Our goal is to donate 3000 Baby UV Skinz!
Code: <a href=”http://www.uvskinz.com”><img src=”http://uvskinz.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/may-button.gif” alt=”" /></a>
- Sign-up for the UV Skinz newsletter (2 entries)
- Subscribe in RSS reader (1 entry)
- Follow UV Skinz on Twitter and post on Twitter about the contest using the hashtag #UVSKINZ (1 entry) I will accept multiple “tweets”–just leave each separate tweet-link in its own comment.
*Please leave a comment for each entry you complete. Use the words; I Blogged (5 separate comments), Button (3 separate comments), Newsletter (2 separate comments), Reader (1 comment), Twitter (1 comment). Thanks!
*If you already subscribe, follow and signed-up for the newsletter then just leave a reminder in the comments.
*I will be using a random number generator (random.org) to select the winner. The winner will be emailed and also announced on here on Tuesday May 26, 2009.
* Contest ends at 11:59pm on Monday May 25,2009 (Happy Memorial Day!). If the prize is not claimed in 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. (Good reason to subscribe in reader–so you don’t miss the chance to claim your prize!)